Terms & Conditions – Keeping Them Fair and Simple!
These terms and conditions apply to our two UK retail channels:
- Via our Wiltshire showroom where customers can visit, see our products and place orders. We also offer free surveys and include installations by our Wiltshire team
- Via our national on-line shop where customers can order samples and place orders for home delivery.
- This document represents the terms and conditions under which we, Goldmans Interiors Ltd supply products to you, the customer. We have tried the keep it short and easily read. If you are not sure about anything, please get in touch.
Your Order and Payment
- A contract will exist between us when we accept and acknowledge your written order (such as email), via our website goldmansinteriors.com or via our Wiltshire showroom.
- If you are ordering via our website on-line shop we will take your payment in full at the point of your order.
- If you are ordering local delivery and installation via our Wiltshire showroom we will take a minimum 50% deposit at the point of order with the balance to be paid in full within 3 working days of completion of your order.
- Our prices and quotes include VAT at the standard rate.
- Payments – we accept online payments from Visa, Mastercard credit and debit cards, and PayPal. Local payments via our Wiltshire showroom can also be made by BACs transfers.
- Like many products these days, website and digital image colours may vary slightly from actual fabric colours. We therefore always recommend that you order fabric samples or visit our showroom to confirm and order your selections.
- We usually have to source products from external suppliers and partners to fulfil your order. Therefore, when we accept your order it cannot be cancelled and our full payment terms will apply without exception, including any remaining balances due after deposits.
- Although we will aim to avoid it - if, for any regrettable or unforeseen reason, we find we are unable to fulfil your order we will inform you as quickly as possible whereupon we will offer you a full refund or offer you an alternative product at a similar price.
Bespoke Made to Measure Products (using customer own measuring)
- If you are using your own measurements for Made to Measure products we are unable to accept any responsibility for measuring errors. If you are in any doubt we strongly recommend that you view our videos or measuring guides and follow the rules and guidelines we offer. Or contact us for additional guidance – it is in our mutual interests to get it right first time.
- ALWAYS double check your own measurements and the measurements entered on our website BEFORE placing your order.
Bespoke Made to Measure Products (using Goldmans surveyor measuring)
- If you are using our local Wiltshire surveyors, we take full responsibility for any measuring errors. All we ask is that you describe clearly to our surveyor the area that requires measuring and inform us of any impending changes, such as building works.
- ALWAYS check the descriptions on our official quotes. If in any doubt please ask and we will get our surveyor to answer queries and confirm order details.
Delivery of Products (customer own installation)
- Unless you are advised otherwise our prices include delivery.
- For online orders we will arrange delivery to the mainland UK address specified on your order.
- At the point when your order is placed, we always aim to give an indication of when to expect your delivery. However, we cannot guarantee delivery as we rely upon external suppliers and logistic partners.
- In the case of multiple items, we cannot guarantee the orders will be delivered at the same date/time.
- Better safe than sorry – for the reasons above, we strongly recommend that you have received all expected deliveries and they are correct and complete before confirming installation dates.
Delivery of Products (Goldmans Team Installation)
- Unless you are advised otherwise our prices include delivery and installation.
- At the point when your order is placed, we always aim to give an indication of when to expect your delivery and installation. However, we cannot guarantee indicative dates as we often must rely upon external suppliers and logistic partners.
Installation Dates & Times (Goldmans Team Installations)
- See also above Delivery Terms. We always aim to agree firm installation dates. However, sometimes circumstances beyond our control may dictate changes – on these occasions we will do our very best to rearrange a date and time to suit your convenience.
- In the case of multiple items, we cannot guarantee the orders will be delivered and installed at the same time.
- All products remain the property and ownership of Goldmans Interiors Ltd until full and final payment is received for all products delivered or installed by Goldmans.
Returns, Replacements & Shortages (customer own Installation)
- In the rare cases of items delivered with transit damage you must notify us within 48 hours by email with photographic evidence of packaging and any damaged product.
- In the rare cases of manufacturing defects, we must be notified within 48 hours by email of the defect becoming evident with detailed photographic evidence.
- In the case of replacements, if necessary we will arrange for the item to be collected and replaced or repaired free of charge.
- We cannot be held responsible for any damaged caused by customers through misuse or by poor installation.
- In the rare cases of shortages or non delivery, claims cannot be accepted if they are not notified to us within 5 days of the expected date of delivery.
Returns & Replacements (Goldmans Team Installation)
- In the rare cases of items delivered with transit damage or defects, our install team will take photographs and advise our Customer Services Team who will make arrangements for free of charge replacements.
- In the rare cases of manufacturing defects arising after installation we must be notified within 48 hours by email of the defect becoming evident with detailed photographic evidence.
- If necessary we will arrange for the item to be collected and replaced or repaired free of charge.
- We cannot be held responsible for any damage caused by customers through misuse.
- Sizing tolerances for curtains are +/- 1cm or 1% (whichever is the lesser).
- All of our curtain and blind products are guaranteed against manufacturing defects for 3 years from delivery date. In all cases we must be notified within 48 hours by email of a defect becoming evident with detailed photographic evidence.
- During the first year we will arrange for the item to be collected and replaced or repaired free of charge.
- During subsequent years it is the customer’s responsibility to return the item to Goldmans where we will inspect, repair or replace the item free of charge. The customer will be responsible for all carriage charges and, if relevant, the cost of collection by the Goldmans installation team when a minimum charge of £35 will apply.
- We cannot accept any liability in respect of defects arising from any drawing, design or specification supplied by the customer.
- We regret our guarantee does not cover accidental damage or damage caused by any of the following: fair wear and tear, misuse or neglect; damage from external causes such as animals; insect infestation; strong sunlight, smoke, damp or water ingress leading to warping, discolouration, fading or shrinking; damage or problems caused by third party services or products
Law & Jurisdiction
- All notices arising from these Terms and Conditions including disputes/claims/payments should be made in writing to Goldmans Interiors Ltd at the addresses (post or email) in paragraph 2.
- All purchases of goods are sold under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (or subsequent Consumer Acts) and the statutory rights of the customer are not affected by these Terms and Conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales and the courts of England and Wales have jurisdiction to settle disputes.